Welcome to Seeking the Spanish Sun, a travel blog exploring Spain!
I’m on an adventure to explore the length and breadth of Spain in search of a place to call home. The day-to-day routine of life in England just isn’t for me but I’m (a little) too old to backpack now.
After 13 years of traveling the world I feel ready to put that backpack into storage but not ready to give up having fun. It’s time to grow up (a little) but why does that have to be boring?
I moved from London to Madrid in early 2017 with the plan to soak up all the Spanish culture I can while using this awesome city as a base for exploring.
I’m seeking the Spanish sun and all the beautiful things that go with it like sandy beaches, crystal clear sea, mountain views, delicious seafood and a slower pace of life.
So, if any of those things sound interesting to you or you dream of Seeking the Spanish Sun too, then read on and follow my adventures.
What you can expect
Seeking the Spanish Sun is a blog dedicated to our life and travels in Spain, we cover the following:
- Spain travel information
- Recommendations on what to see & do in Spain
- City itineraries
- Travel guides
- Local tips
- Holiday inspiration
- Expat advice
- Insight into Spanish life
- My thoughts on travel related subjects
A little info about me
- My name is Perri, I’m 34 and I grew up in Kent (just outside London) in England, UK
- I met my boyfriend Brad (fellow Spanish sun seeker and blog contributor) 12 years ago while working in Greece
- I am the main writer for Seeking the Spanish Sun, take the majority of our photos and manage all social media accounts
- I am a travel enthusiast who loves moving to different countries and I always have itchy feet
- I have a tendency to sleepwalk, a knack for unintentional puns and a serious obsession with writing lists
- I love to visit new places and see new things but only if I’ve eaten because I get really hangry
- Making memories, sharing my experiences and inspiring others to travel are my passion
- A happy me would be lying on a beach, writing a list, eating chocolate with a cold G&T in hand
Seeking the Spanish Sun features
Spend life Traveling – Ask an Expat: Living in Madrid, Spain
A Bite of Culture – The 10 Best Cafes in Madrid
The Wandering Darlings – Globetrotters Interview
You Could Travel – Where to stay in Madrid
Awards and Competitions
Blogger recognition award – Liebster Award
RadisonBlu Instagram competition – #BluChristmas photo
Seeking the Spanish Sun uses a range of travel related products and services. If there is something that we love, we like to recommend it to our readers. We will only ever recommend things we use ourselves, so you can be sure that they are all amazing.
If you choose to purchase a product that we recommend via an affiliate link we might receive a small commission. For example we use Amazon a lot and are part of the Amazon Affiliates program. You will find links to Amazon throughout our website. Don’t worry there will never be any extra cost you.
The few pounds we receive here and there helps us to fund our travel around Spain and keep the website running. Thanks for your understanding!
Unless otherwise noted, Seeking the Spanish Sun is the legal copyright holder of all written, multimedia and graphic material on this website and it may not be used, reprinted, modified or published without my written consent. A link to http://www.seekingthespanishsun.com must appear on all copies of photos or content that we have agreed to be published elsewhere, including guest articles, features or press releases.
Email addresses submitted in the comment form will always be kept private and will never be sold to third parties. Any personal and/or contact information provided to me will be kept private. You will not be spammed in any way and I will not disclose your information to anyone.
I the Author reserve the rights to edit or delete any content found on this website.
Comments submitted to http://www.seekingthespanishsun.com will be deleted without notice if comments are deemed to be spam, include profanity, contain language or concepts that could be deemed offensive, abusive, racial or spread hatred. I will moderate comments to maintain the integrity of individuals. I reserve all rights to accept or reject comments.