Welcome to Seeking the Spanish Sun, a travel blog exploring Spain!
I’m following my dream of living in Spain and I’m currently exploring the country in search of a place to call home. The day-to-day routine of life in England just wasn’t for me and I feel too old to backpack now.
After 14 years of traveling the world and being a bit of a Nomad, I feel ready to put my backpack into storage but not ready to give up having fun. I guess it’s time to grow up and buy a house but why does that have to be boring?
I moved from London to Madrid in early 2017 with the plan to soak up all the Spanish culture I can while using this awesome city as a base for traveling across Spain. I came here seeking the Spanish sun and all the beautiful things that go with it like sandy beaches, crystal clear sea, mountain views, delicious seafood and a slower pace of life.
So, if any of those things sound interesting to you or you dream of Seeking the Spanish Sun too, then please read our Spain travel guides and follow my adventures.
To find out more about my travel history and why I started a travel blog check out my first blog post – I just couldn’t settle.
What you can expect
At Seeking the Spanish Sun I share my life and travels in Spain, covering the following:
- Spain travel information
- Recommendations on what to see & do in Spain
- City itineraries
- Travel guides
- Local tips
- Holiday inspiration
- Expat advice
- Insight into Spanish life
- My thoughts on travel related subjects
A little info about me
- My name is Perri, I’m 35 and I grew up in Kent (just outside London), South East England
- I am the head writer and content creator for Seeking the Spanish Sun
- I also work part-time for a travel company and a few ongoing freelance writing projects
- I met my boyfriend Brad 12 years ago while working in Mykonos, Greece
- I prefer to travel at a slower pace and on a budget, choosing transport and accommodation wisely so that I can take short trips frequently
- I have a tendency to sleepwalk, a knack for unintentional puns and a serious obsession with writing lists
- I love to visit new places but only if I’ve eaten because I get really hangry
- Making memories, sharing my experiences and inspiring others to travel are my passion
- A happy me would be lying on a beach, writing a list, eating chocolate with a cold G&T in hand
If you are interested in working with me or have a potential collaboration opportunity for Seeking the Spanish Sun please fell free to take a look at our Media Kit and get in touch. All details are on the Contact page.
Seeking the Spanish Sun has been featured in
Spend life Traveling – Ask an Expat: Living in Madrid, Spain
The Wandering Darlings – Globetrotters Interview
Lexie Anime Travel – Travel Couple Story
Everyday Wanderer – Postcard from Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
Digital Travel Guru – Travel Interview
GO Travel Blogs – Travel Blog listing
The Travel Blogs – My train trip to Valencia
Aaron Gone Travel – Travel & Expat interview: Madrid
Guest blogs and travel article contributions for other websites
A World to Travel – What Spain is Famous For: A Guide to the 17 Communities
Travel Inspires – Valencia Travel Guide: A city full of surprises
Spain Attractions – A Beginners Guide to Bilbao
A Bite of Culture – The 10 Best Cafes in Madrid
You Could Travel – Where to Stay in Madrid
203 Travel Challenges – 20 signs that you have lived in Spain for too long
Our Life Our Travels – Kid Friendly Cities in Europe: Madrid
The Invisible Tourist – How to NOT look like a tourist in Madrid
Wanderlusting K – Madrid on a budget: Insider tips
Latitude 41 – A Food Guide to Madrid
Two Drifters – Romantic Things to do in Granada, Spain
Traveling Texans – Best Day Trips from Barcelona: Sitges
Awards and Competitions
Blogger recognition award – Liebster Award
RadisonBlu Instagram competition – #BluChristmas photo